March 15, 2012

Another Thing About Me:

So I was going to blog about a chapter from C.S. Lewis' The Horse and His Boy, when I realized I have never blogged about my love for cats.  I will proceed in my original intent, but just so you all know:

I love cats >'.'<  
I have ever since I was... well since I can remember.  So, here's a bit on cats in The Horse and His Boy*:


"And whether he really had been dreaming or not, what was now lying at his feet, and staring him out of countenance with its big, green, unwinking eyes, was the cat; though certainly one of the largest cats he had ever seen.

'Oh, Puss,' gasped Shasta.  'I am so glad to see you again.  I've been having such horrible dreams.'  And he at once lay down again, back to back with the cat as they had been at the beginning of the night.  The warmth from it spread all over him.

'I'll never do anything nasty to a cat again as long as I live,' said Shasta, half to the cat and half to himself.  'I did once, you know.  I threw stones at a half-starved mangy old stray.  Hey! Stop that,' said Shasta.  For the cat had turned round and given him a scratch.  'None of that,' said Shasta.  'It isn't as if you could understand what I'm saying.'"


*In this scene, the cat is Aslan.  He just transformed and roared and scared off some hungry jackals that were coming to attack Shasta.  If you haven't read it before, then you should read the Narnia series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment