November 7, 2014

"Can I Still Get Into Heaven If I Kill Myself?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9mi5Pd8aY

This is a song that I heard a couple months ago. Tonight, I needed something this raw to get out all of the emotions I've been feeling lately, but please don't listen to this and think I'm suicidal. I'm not. I'm just grieving for the world's depravity and trying to figure everything out.

It tells a true story of a murder and a murderer who before he took his life asked this question, "Can I still get into Heaven if I kill myself?"

I still relate to the guilt that he felt in that moment, even though I've been forgiven by Christ. I guess this is where my love for quote unquote "misunderstood villains" comes in; I relate to them.

As Loki says, "Satisfaction's not in my nature."

But God says He opens his hand and satisfies the desires of every. living. thing.

Grace. Guilt. Forgiveness. Shame. Anger. Mercy.

"Evil. Prisoners. Rats. Suffering. It all fits together so neatly, so sweetly. Oh, it is a lovely world, a lovely, dark world." ~The Tale of Despereaux

No comments:

Post a Comment