September 25, 2011

"Well Little Lady, Let Me Elucidate Here"

I love movies.  Choosing one favorite would be extremely difficult, because there are so many to choose from!  I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings as epics...but then you have to throw in a few other great ones out there.  I think my favorite action movie is Master and Commander, but then I love The Great Escape.  I don't count any Jane Austen movies as Romance, because they are a whole different category.  That way Roman Holiday can be my favorite.  But one movie that has always been dear to my heart is The Aristocats.



I played the role of Duchess in a play onetime and I grew up with the movie.  I've always liked cats, so it was pretty much a purrfect fit.

Now, if you're reading this, you are probably one of my two followers.  I commend you for reading this far.

 But in case you're just stumbling across this page and you've never seen it, The Aristocats is about a rich elderly woman on the classy side of Paris, who owns a family of Persians, a mother and her three kittens.  Their names are Duchess, Toulouse, Marie, and Berlioz.




Their owner, Madam, loves them dearly and treats them to the best she can offer.  She lives alone with her cats and her butler, Edgar  (I know "Crazy Cat Lady", right?  Well, in the end she ends up adopting "all the Alley Cats of Paris" so it only gets worse ;)


To make a long story short, the cat family is abducted by the butler and taken to the countryside of France, where they meet Thomas O' Malley.


O'Malley would best be described as one "who triffles with unsuspecting women's hearts".  A scoundrel.  Of course, by the end he changes and becomes a family man.  Similar to other "scoundrels" we've known before...


On their way home, Duchess and the kittens meet up with O'Malley's friends, Scatcat and his gang of Alley Cats, who sing the famous "Everybody Wants to Be A Cat".  Always a good one!



Basically Duchess, O'Malley, and the kittens make it home to Madam and Edgar is sent away.  O'Malley becomes a kitty-pet and the gang of Alley Cats is given free reign in the house.  Happy Ending :)




No comments:

Post a Comment