November 3, 2012

Let Me Take You There

"Now we're dancing, dancing, dancing under that big blue sky... We just had to leave all that behind"

So, today I am suffering from a severe case of Mel-on- Kolie.  Little lonely, little self-unimpressed, little contradictory.  But, as there is no cure for this sort of thing, I just decided to attempt a nap and escape to my mental place. As I write this, I listen to "Don't Forget Your Old Shipmate".  
"We're there ever chummies now such as you and i, Jack?"
Heh heh. Chummies...
What about you? Do you have a mental place you go to? 
I go to the ocean. Sometimes the sea shore, but usually it's the deep blue ocean. I couldn't say why. Maybe because no one knows me there. I don't have to worry about wondering who I could encounter. I also feel better out there because I pretend I don't care what I look like. I can be awesome, like an old salty sailor with stories to tell to the new recruits. It has a slight pride feel to it I guess, but it makes sense because I am in love with honor and great feats of courage. Maybe the feelings disguise my insecurity. Maybe I value wit too much. Or maybe I just love honor.
Now I am listening to "Life Is Beautiful". I feel sad again. It is a really good song, but over thinking while I listen to it does nothing to lift my spirits.
So I switch the song to "How I Became The Sea". I am actually in the process of animating this song. I am finishing a set of 32 pictures for a scene where my main character is walking. Did you get that? 32.  I am crazy. But it looks pretty cool.  
Now I am listening to "Yellow Shirt". Oh boy. 
My brother is a senior and we have a program at school where a lower class adopts a senior. My brother got Kindergarten. He visited them during craft time recently and when he got back he told me a story about a little girl. She randomly exclaimed as they were writing their names, "I want to get married! I want to get married right now. I just can't wait anymore!" I had to laugh- that sounded way too familiar ; ) 

"Knee deep in the water somewhere. Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair. Only worry in the world  'Is the tide gonna reach my chair?' And I think I might have found my own sort of paradise."

It's a sweet, sweet life living by the salty sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment