January 2, 2015

The Paris Wife, and Other Stories

I love Hemingway.

For the record, I generally hate his plots, but I absolutely love his soul and, of course, his writing style.

My sister lent me a copy of  Paula McClain's The Paris Wife, a historical fiction about Hemingway's first marriage. It's lovely. McClain does a magnificent job mimicking Hemingway's style whenever he speaks, and Hadley feels terribly real and alive.

I stumbled across this quote in the book, and I did a reader's double take.

It gave me a sharp kind of sadness to think that no matter how much I loved him and tried to put him back together again. he might stay broken forever.

Um...


Can we....


Merrrrrrrrr...





...







...







... Even this....









I have problems.



"But he's really kind and gentle"
kind and gentle



No comments:

Post a Comment